ANTIFREEZE is highly toxic to cats, and last year we saw an increase in suspected poisoning cases in the winter months. Ethylene Glycol or antifreeze as its better known is used in de-icers, screenwashes and car radiators to stop freezing up. Cats are attracted to the taste of antifreeze, and only a small amount ingested […]


Snails and slugs carry the larval stage of lungworm or Angiostrongylus Vascrum. Dogs that eat or play with slugs or snails are at risk. Once ingested the larvae travel to the heart and develop into adult worms. Here they lay eggs which migrate into the airways of the lungs. Evidence of lungworm in your dog […]


From the 6th April 2016 , it will be made law for all dogs from 8 weeks of age to Microchipped. This can be done at a routine appointment with one of the nurses. We inject a small microchip ( approximately the size of a grain of rice) under the skin between the shoulder blades. […]